Marlborough Office News
New owners have purchased the building where MLS leases its Marlborough office. The new owners intend to occupy the entire building, so MLS-Marlborough is now looking for a new home. We are working quickly to find a location close to our current home. We know that location is a big factor for our members and staff, and we are committed to maintaining easy access to the major routes we’ve come to rely on. The move will most likely happen this summer, and we’ll keep you posted on news as it happens.
MLS welcomed 1 new member and 5 new directors in December:
• George P. King Elementary School, Framingham
• Candace Bradbury-Carlin, Tilton Library, South Deerfield
• Amy-Jo Conant, Fiske Elementary School, Lexington
• Sandra Moltz, Swampscott Middle School
• Ivan Ussach, Warwick Free Public Library
• Marcie Walsh-O’Connor, Whitman Public Library
Commonwealth eBook Collections Content Transfer “Mini Update”
MLS staff has nearly completed follow-up with publishers to authorize the transfer of content from Axis 360 to OverDrive and will issue a report soon with the outcomes. One important update, MLS was able to connect with Rosen Publishing who were happy to approve the content transfer. MLS was previously misinformed that this publisher had disapproved the transfer.
MLS Spring CE
We recently launched our spring CE calendar of events.
• Planning With Purpose: Strategic Planning At Your Library with Kristi Chadwick
• Strategic Planning Tips, Tools, and Techniques with Michelle Eberle
• Out of this World Summer Library Programs with April Mazza and Christi Farrar
• Word of Mouth Marketing: How to Drive the Message with Anna Popp
• Intro to Copyright, Plagiarism, and Open Access with Kelly Jo Woodside
Registration and further information can be found on our calendar: calendar.masslibsystem.org. Be sure to check back periodically as we are continuing to post additional webinars and other training opportunities!
MLS Consultants Webguide
We are pleased to announce our new webguide for Consulting and Training Services! We invite you to take a look and learn more about our team, our various areas of expertise, and our direct links to our most popular services.
MLS has recruited a working group to develop a demonstration project using SimplyAnalytics to develop statistical dashboards and maps of potential interest to library staff statewide. MLS anticipates that the group will complete its work in April and will share the results via webinars with the Massachusetts Library Community.
MLS Listening Tours
MLS planned 10 listening tours in January. Stay tuned for news and notes in the coming months as we unpack what we learned.
MLS is actively participating in the legislative breakfasts and related events being held statewide. Consult the MLA calendar for the list of events. Thank you to the libraries, groups, and sponsors of this year’s breakfasts!