Reporting directly to the MLS Executive Director, the Executive Assistant provides support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and leadership team; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects.
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter, resume and three references to:email@example.com
Please add: Executive Assistant to the subject line.
Applications are due by September 13, 2023.
- Education: Associate’s Degree in Business or related fields
- Experience: minimum three year’s experience working in an office setting
- Proven expertise in Microsoft and Mac office platforms as well as web-based tools, such as MS OneDrive, Google Suite, WordPress, LibGuides, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service experience
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to manage multiple priorities autonomously
- Ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Demonstrated commitment to incorporating the tenets of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility into their work
- Ability to quickly learn organizational structure and key stakeholders
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assists in general organization of executive board operations and committee work:
Onboards board members
Agendas and materials distribution
Online board presence and contacts management
- Provides project specific support to other departments, under the direction of the Executive Director
- Oversees general email accounts, phone calls, and communications
- Responds or routes communications to the appropriate staff person. Assists with managing membership data & CRM maintenance
- Takes minutes in meetings with staff, working groups, and other discussions as needed
- Manages all office operations including:
Office supplies’ inventory and organization
Office subscriptions and renewals
Room setup for meetings and classes
Meeting meals and refreshments orders
Arrange for repairs as needed
- General office work, including:
Printing, copying, faxing, and filing
Distributions and mailings
- Other duties as assigned
The position requires light to moderate physical effort demanded when performing functions under typical office and computer use conditions. Light to moderate physical effort and stamina required for occasional travel and transport of work related materials and equipment to meeting and training sites. The successful candidate must be able to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
This position is based in the MLS-Marlborough office with a standard schedule of M-F, 9:00 A.M.-4:30 P.M.
Must possess a valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s License valid for use in Massachusetts and provide the means of transportation to fulfill job duties throughout Massachusetts and attend relevant meetings.
Candidates must be eligible for permanent employment in the United States, and appointments are subject to a criminal background check.
This position is nonexempt under the wage and overtime provisions of the federal Fair Labor Standards Act.
Position Grade 6
Salary Range: $ 38,068-$49,480
MLS full-time staff members receive a benefits package that includes health insurance; dental insurance, life insurance and a defined contribution plan through TIAA-CREF. (MLS is a private, non-profit organization and does not participate in any public retirement plan.)
The Massachusetts Library System, Inc. is a state-funded not-for-profit corporation governed by its member libraries with offices in Marlborough & Northampton Massachusetts.
MLS is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, marital status, sex, physical or mental challenge, creed, religion, political affiliation, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation. Members of underrepresented groups, and those committed to working in a diverse cultural environment are encouraged to apply.
Our mission has always embraced social justice and the MLS Team is committed to providing services that benefit and contribute to the library profession’s core values: diversity, inclusion, equity, access to information, free expression, privacy, and social justice.