Hello MLS Members,
A very Happy National Library Week to all of you!
As MLS enters our 6th week of remote work, I want to take a moment to thank all of you for your patience as we move through this time together. We’ve received some unique questions recently, and we are working to find information for you.
My updates this time address topics of interest for when the Governor lifts his Non-Essential Business Closure Order. While his order has been extended until May 4, it’s possible that it will be extended again. While it is critical that we discuss topics related to re-opening physical spaces, as well as things to consider for traditional library services, we all should be prepared to take things slow and consider alternates to what we consider traditional ways of doing things. Of upmost importance will be to work with your local Board of Health to consider timelines, processes, and protocols, as re-opening physical spaces needs to be done with staff and patron safety in mind.
- MLS and MBLC are working together to provide some guidelines around the reopening of physical spaces, as well as implications to services. We’ll be in touch soon with some information about this process.
- MLS and Optima continue to be in contact, and are working together to create a plan for Statewide Delivery.
- We have amended our Continuing Education policy until June 30. In addition to our offerings being available to those currently working in MA libraries, the amendment extends our offerings to anyone who has previously worked in a MA library. Please take a look at our calendar for live offerings and our Vimeo page for our recording library.
- Many of you are continuing to work remotely, and while I’m sure there is no loss of things to do, we have a page on our guide that shares some ideas on What Your Libraries Can Do Remotely as well as some Teleworking Tips from our staff.
- Our MLS Executive Board Resource Guide has been updated to include the meeting minutes from February and March 2020.
As always, our team is here for you. Don’t hesitate to connect with us with questions or to talk.
Thanks, and be well.