The Massachusetts Library System (MLS) is working with the Employers Association of the NorthEast (EANE) to provide MLS member libraries with some new services during our 2023 fiscal year (through June 30, 2023).
We held an informational webinar last month, where Allison Ebner (EANE’s Director of Member Services) provided an overview of the EANE services that are available through MLS. You can view the recording of this informational webinar on the MLS Vimeo channel.
HR Hotline Service (for MLS public library members)
MLS public library members have free access to EANE’s hotline service. EANE’s certified HR professionals are standing by to answer your HR-related questions. There is no charge to access this service. Please note that EANE staff may not be fully versed in local policies relating to compliance issues (such as leave management, or wage and hour), which may fall under jurisdictional laws. To access the hotline:
- Call 877-662-6444.
- Provide your name, your library’s name, and the municipality in which your library is located.
- Ask your question(s).
When calling the hotline, please note that:
- Callers should hold a management or administrative position in an MLS member public library. (Currently this service is only available to MLS public library members.)
- Callers should ask questions on behalf of their organization.
- The hotline is not intended for library staff to discuss personal HR matters.
Discount Pricing on Additional Services (for all MLS library members)
All MLS library members have access to the following discounts on additional services with EANE:
- EANE member pricing on any EANE training program delivered by an EANE facilitator for your library (either online or in-person).
- A 10% discount on new, first year EANE membership dues to all MLS members that are not currently members of EANE.
- A 10% discount on HR related services such as handbooks, compensation plans, investigations, HR audits, etc., to all MLS members that are not currently members of EANE.
To take advantage of these discounts, please contact Allison Ebner at EANE (AEbner@eane.org) and identify yourself as being from an MLS member library.
Learning Opportunities (for all MLS library members)
In addition, MLS will be working with EANE to provide a variety of free learning opportunities on HR-related topics throughout the year. As those learning opportunities are scheduled, information about them will be announced and registration will be available on the MLS events calendar. There is no charge for MLS member libraries to attend these learning opportunities.
We hope you find these new services to be helpful. Please note that these services are provided for informational purposes only. If you have specific HR questions, MLS encourages you to consult with your organization’s HR department or legal counsel.
For future reference, you can find this information – and future updates about our collaboration with EANE – on our HR Services LibGuide page.